Thursday, April 25, 2013

Weightloss Goal REACHED!

Last night, you all know, I finally got back into the gym! WOOT! And although I missed my BodyPump class by about 15 minutes I was still STOKED!

I threw on my running pants and shoes, clipped on my iPod,  and just ran. It felt AMAZING! I was really digging Emenim's song Til I Collapse, so I played it over and over and over again.

The next time I looked down at the numbers on the treadmill screen I was already near mile 4. And after reaching mile 5, I decided to cool down so I didn't shock my body too much.

But to feel the flush in your legs, the catch in your breath, and beat of your feet and heart is... perfect. :) Or what is also known as Runner's High.

After that I did my normal ab workout, scaled down a little, and stretched long and slow. Then the magic started to happen...

I felt pretty darn good going into the locker room. I was wearing my new workout tank from Ruffles With Love, I was high on endorphins, and I was shiny. (Something I find extremely sexy enjoyable about working out) Since I don't have a scale at home, I decided to see how much damage I had done with eating some crappy food and being sick then eating more crappy food.

I expected to see weight gain.

Maybe about 172 or 173, since that was what I was fluxuating at for the few days before I gave up the scale.

Then when I put the little slidy bars there, the end fell hard, down. Down, I thought?

I kept moving the small bar down one centimeter at a time until I was under 170.

Then of course like a dimwit I thought the scale was broken, so I jumped off, put it to zero to make sure it was calibrated correctly.

It was. It was?!

I looked around the locker room expecting to see women staring at the crazy chick stepping on and off the scale, but I was alone.

So, I got back on. CONFIDENT it wasn't broken.

And down and down it went...

Straight down to 163!

I (may have) shat bricks. Cried. Jumped around. Cried again. But those are all possibilities of what could have happened...

Again luckily, I was alone. Or unluckily, since I didn't get to share the amount of joy and.... heartbreak I felt.

And that's where I lost ya, huh? YES. I felt heartbreak, because I wasn't finished. Because I accepted a number I was always at and SETTLED. I didn't believe I could go lower. I still have trouble even thinking about losing more weight, but I'm not finished.

I'm not where I want my body to be. Where I believe and know my body can be.

Then I cried out of self-pity and self-hatred. (in the car home) And after my pity party, I was super cheesy, I looked myself in the eyes and in my head said...

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten. Goals are made to be acheived. Now reach higher!"

Pity party over. Rough and tumble, weights and cardio, eating clean and training dirty, BACK.

This journey has lead me through a lot of twist and turns in my life. But mostly, it has brought me BACK TO LIFE. To conquer your body and mind is an everyday battle, one that I have been fighting for 116 days and will continue to fight for the rest of my life. I'll fall down, I'll eat icecream and drink beer, but I will NEVER want to give up on myself EVER AGAIN.

Simply because I deserve better than that. :)

 
Proof! :)


Before - To - Now

You all know what I looked like before I started on this journey... Here's the pics that woke me up, incase you forgot.

 
 
Now side by side views of the front, side, and back... Day 1 to Now... 205+ to 163.
 




Here's a photo from day 43 to day 115... It's a gradual process for your whole body. I'm most proud of how awesome my arms look compared to before. :)

 
 
Here's a collage of my Now pics...
 
Guns baby! Tightening up my Oprah wings :)


Don't forget to reward yourself when you reach big goals. :) I split a LARGE Midnight Truffle Blizzard (proof on Instagram) with the hubby AND ate, but couldn't finish, a HUGE burger (and french fries) from Hardee's. I feel bloated and gassy (true flackin' story!), but it was SO delicious.

 
Cuteness just for kicks :)


I love you guys and thank you to everyone for all the support I've recieved. :')

5 comments:

  1. Great job! Keep up the good work! You look AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Maggie!! You still continue to inspire me :) keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ally! I'm glad I can be a little part of everyone's journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of love flowing through the air to you.......Florida is a long way but I'm sure it will touch you when you read this post! Really, really, really proud of your accomplishment! Keep up the good work baby girl!!! This Momma is smiling from Indiana :)

    ReplyDelete