Monday, April 8, 2013

NO Excuses!

Hey everyone! I hope everyone had as wonderful a weekend as this girl! Here's the RUNDOWN:

Friday: Gallery Night - Beer, Art, Beer, and Fun! I might have had a four too many... :)


This little trooper held on until around 10, then mommy's rocking and singing got the best of her. :)

Saturday: Spur of the moment garage sale. That of which brought in over 80 bucks! And made me a few shades darker! (Thank you Sunshine State)

Sunday: Cleaning day and homework, while the Mister got to go to the beach?! Makes sense.

Now we're on to Monday, which means back to the gym! YAY!! Ran like a fool for 3.5 miles then did an hour of my own workout which includes; abs, arms, legs, and back. WITH weights!

And for Monday we have NO EXCUSES!!

Excuse Number ONE: I don't have time.

Truth is no one has time. I, for example, have a 16 month old child, a husband, college, two dogs, housework & three meals to prepare daily. But I MAKE time for what I love. And frankly, I love myself because I deserve to love myself, as do you! So, if this is your excuse, then sit down and think about what you can do to add a healthy change into your life for just 30 minutes a day (to start).

What I did to fix this; gave up TV, stopped worrying about little messes, picked up throughout the day, got a planner (and used it).

Excuse Number TWO: I'll start my diet on Monday...

Are you frackin' kidding me?! First off, who are you lying to? Secondly, who likes to be lied to? You need to be honest always. Quit procrastinating because you're scared it'll be too hard or that you will fail. YOU are the only one in control of that. The. ONLY. One. If you know you need to change, start small, it's safer that way, less frightening. Realize you can do it and know deep down that, dammit, you will do it!

What I did to fix this; Took my lifestyle change one meal at a time and one day at a time. Act like there is NO tomorrow to fix something and you will see a difference.

Excuse Number THREE: Playing the blame game.

When I used to be upset with myself, or I did something wrong, I use to blame anyone I could. "Well, they did "this" so now I CAN'T do "that."' Here you are only hurting yourself. Because of your insecurities and failure to take responsibility, not only are you destroying your relationship with other people, but your relationship with the REAL you. My wonderful, hardworking husband didn't like to watch the little one after a hard days work so...

What I did to fix this; I got a gym membership with childcare! Life saver on both ends. We BOTH got what we wanted! :) Rethought before I blamed!


These are just a few of the many, many, many excuses everyone (including myself) makes when it comes to being healthy. Stop thinking about it as a diet. Stop blaming everyone. Stop waiting for something good to happen. AND JUST DO IT! (thank you Nike) :)

Here's some inspiration:

 
yeah... just yeah... :)


 
The hard work you put in now WILL reflect outwards later! :)
 
 
Never stop improving yourself. :)

 
Cut your own path. :)
 
I keep pictures of that girl I was before, so I have a constant reminder of the woman I have become.

 
Last summer in Indiana.


Love always,

A former fat girl


P.S. We will be having a guest "speaker" on Friday! And I think everyone is going to WANT to tune in to read what they have to say :) I might even ruin the surprise on Thursday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment