Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Food Swapping

BodyPump!!! That was my first thought this morning, and let me tell ya, this girl's tummy had some crazy as fudge butterflies! :) Tuesday mornings and Friday mornings are my ABSOLUTE fav because of BodyPump and if you don't know anything about it, check it out HERE!

I was able to increase my weights on my squats which feels frackin' awesome! Now, I'm up to 45lbs plus the bar. My goal is 60lbs. :) But you know me goals are made to be conquered then AMPED up! (Wanting my quads to be out of control)

 
Flexbreak!!! :)

But before I could even get to the gym though, this girl tyrant...



Hid my keys. So 15 mins before the class was supposed to start, I find them, in our buffet, in a drawer along with a paci. It was like she was leaving her signature. (She's going to be a spy or super thief one day.) As a reward for her bad normal behavior, her and I, and possibly the Mister, are going to the beach after nap time. So wear your SUNSCREEN!

 
Mommy and baby's :)

AND lotion up afterwards.

 
Both of these rock and smell DELICIOUS!


Or you might end up like this...
 
This man was a trucker whose left side saw more sun than his right. SUNSCREEN!


When you start taking care of your body you HAVE to do it in all ways! Skin is very important. And I sure as huckleberry-finn don't want skin cancer.

Enough about my hoopla (real word), today I want to focus on food swapping, substituting, and eradicating!

To start off, here are what my meals look like:

Breakfast (shared with Mickey girl)-

 
Add a tablespoon of nutella and sliced banana to oatmeal :) YUM!

Lunch (just one bowl) -

 
Lettuce, carrots, celery, boiled egg, dill, feta cheese and a packet of tuna. :)

For dinner I have whatever we decide to make, but I DO NOT match my husband bite-for-bite. I eat less than he does, because I'm a woman and naturally our bodies are different and require less food than they do.

**another tip - when you are about to eat, look at the act as replenishing your body, and remove any emotion you have toward the food.**
 
 
Next we have the swapping/substituting:
 
  • American Cheese  -  SKIM American Cheese
  • Potato Chips (any kind) - Pretzels, low salt and fat
  • Regular (White) Potatoes - Sweet Potatoes
  • Ranch Dressing - Light Dressing of any kind
  • Milk Chocolate - Dark Chocolate
  • 2% or skim Milk - Almond Milk (vanilla, unsweetened)
  • Any Milk product - Low fat or fat free version
  • Candy - Nutrigrain bars or fruit
  • Ice cream - Frozen yogurt

Lastly ERADICATING:
  • POP - Drink water. Period. Diet pop is awful for you too. Aspartame is not just a funny word. I drink nearly a gallon a day.
  • SUGAR - You don't need 3 cups of sugar in tea to make it taste good. Try different flavors. Your body will get used to it and start to appreciate the subtle hints of mango and strawberry.
  • FAST FOOD - There are healthier options on the menus but NONE of it is healthy. They add sugar to every. little. thing. AND tons and tons of salt!
  • CAFFEINE - It's a natural diuretic and will dehydrate you. Plus it's addictive. And if you want to feel confident and strong, you can't depend on a cup of coffee or bottle of coke. (If you absolutely need it, drink 8oz. of water to counteract it).
  • ALCOHOL - This is self explanatory. I limit myself to ONE night a week and even then, my husband limits how much I drink, because I can't handle my liquor, honestly. It's loaded with calories, carbs, and sugars. Ummm... duh.
 

These are necessary things/foods to take out of your everyday life if you want results at all. When I say results I mean emotionally and physically. Changing what you eat and the way you live WILL change the way you feel in extremely positive ways. :)

 
Making water FUN! Crazy straw! :)

I don't condone crash diets, I am a strong believer in changing what you do everyday in ways that you can carry on throughout your entire life time. When I started out, I was terrified that the weight would come back, so I did my research and I threw out the idea that the fad diets would help.

It's not easy starting out, it's not easy hanging on, and it won't be easy everyday from here on out. But when you want something with all your being. When you're tired of not smiling at the person reflected back to you in the mirror. When the weight on your heart has just become too heavy. That's when it will happen. That's when you'll finally do it. When you will finally succeed.

That's what a journey's about; not caring where you end up, but loving how you got there.


Stay Strong. Always,

Maggie

P.S. Our guest "speaker" is of the male gender ;)

 
Booger butt after the gym. Snacking on dried fruit. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment