Sunday, April 28, 2013

New Goals & Killer Abs (Video)

The big question I've been asking myself lately is, "What now?" I've reached my weightloss goal. I've completed a LOT of the goals that I had set for myself. BUT I don't feel finished.

I'll keep going of course, like I have been. Continuing to push my body and mind farther and farther, but I still HAVE to pick a number I "think" I'll want to be at. Who knows, when I get there I might feel ashamed again that I picked something that was too easy, but I have to pick. Or I feel lost.

SO without further adue (sp?), here are my NEW goals. (I promise to have my OLD and NEW goals, plus accomplished goals, in the goal tab by Monuesnesday.) :)

1. Weight Goal : 150 lbs (15lbs)
2. Pant Size Goal : 7/8 (One solid size)
3. Running Goal: Run every other day (at least).
4. Race Goal: Complete another 5k and PR. OR complete a 10k. OR half-marathon.
5. Eating Goal: Get control over my cheating. Chocolate...

Let me EXPLAIN:

I want to lose 15lbs, that's pretty self explanitory.

I want to drop 1 size, this goes along with the weightloss so I'm not worried about that.

I've been slacking in the running department... I was running 6 miles/ 5 or 6 days a week. I'm down to 3 with no schedule on that.

I want to finish a 5k and beat my previous time of 30:11. This shouldn't be a problem so it's definitely a confidence boosting easy goal.

I need to only cheat on my diet once a week, as in one meal, not an entire day.

These are all goals that I KNOW I can acheive. That's one of the most important things about goal setting. Aim for something you KNOW you can acheive and when you do, set another acheivable goal. For example, I'm not going to set my weight goal at 105lbs, that's unhealthy and therefore unachievable. Be reasonable, smart, and slightly confident when setting goals. Also, set some super easy ones! It's a confidence booster and pick-me-up on your low days. :)

It feels great to check things off of a list. :) I make lists for everything so you can take my word on it!

Now on to MY ab workout.

I kill my abs daily, because when I finally lose all the weight I'm supposed to I want to make sure those puppies are ready to SHINE!!! :)

(I have reduced everything to a more managable set for beginners, because I have worked up to going farther.)

***I am not an expert. I got all my info from the internet, trainers, and Jillian Michaels.***

 
Since I can only upload 100MB of data for a video... You can view it on Youtube or

Most of this is self explanitory, but if you can't view the video then here's the rundown! :)
 
1. Keep proper form! Fingertips gently touching behind the ears to prevent pulling on your neck. It's important to have all the work come from the abs and not to put strain on your shoulders and neck. To make this more difficult: Scoot your heels against your butt and lift your butt and heels off the ground slightly. You may shift a little, but it really focuses on your lower abdominals.
 
2. These can be done many different ways. On your kness. On your toes. Or to make this more difficult: Be on your toes and spread your legs to shoulder width apart. :)
 
3. Keep your fingertips light. Do these slowly to really feel the burn!
 
4. I do these on my knees. Put hands directly under shoulders, keep elbows TIGHT into your sides as you drop down and push up.
 
5. These you will be on your back, your hands by your hips, and your knees up and at a 90 degree angle. Lift/Roll your toosh off the ground slowly and slowly go back down. Keep abs tight and body under control. 

6. More Push - Ups :)

7. Elbows directly under shoulders. Hands clasped in front of you. If you must break do 15 seconds on 15 off until you've reached 2 mins. :)

8. Thread the needle! Elbow directly under your shoulder. Hips off the ground. Non-supporting arm high in the air. Twist and dive your non-supporting hand under your body hold for 2 counts and slowly reach back up. :)

9. The Finisher. By this time your abs should be burning a little so lets make them change some more!!! :) This is where change happens!

Again I will state that I am not a professional just a girl who used to be fat :)

I CAN post one workout a week if anyone is interested? Send me some feedback about what you'd like to see! I aim to please :)

Happy Monday All!






2 comments:

  1. I really liked your video :) It was really nice to see how your form is actually supposed to look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! And that's exactly why I posted it! it's hard to understand it when just reading. :) Thanks for your feedback!

      Delete