Wednesday, April 24, 2013

From a Mop to a Reasonable Frop

Today will be my first night back in the GYM since Murphy Family Sick Week(s)!!! Can I get a Heck YES! :)

And to top off this wonderfully exciting day, this came in the mail for me...

Can I get another heck yes?!
 
If y'all are interested you can stop by Vanessa's shop on Etsy HERE! I heard about her and her awesome tanks from Mama Laughlin. She is the most reasonably priced workout tank shop I've found.
It fits perfectly, of course. After a wash it will probably fit even BETTER! And it's super soft. (The bow is removable).
 
This girl is SO ready to get her endorphin fix and show off the adorable for-a-good-cause tank! :)
 
Now onto something a little more interesting.
 
I still have yet to find a website, blog, or anything on pinterest, for WORKOUT hair tutorials that don't take forever, or require straight hair to look good. So, last night I was a gracious host and decided to throw my mop up in a fashionable way and take some pics of the process. :)
 
This is a VERY quick and easy way to do your hair pre or post workout. Especially if you have a mop for hair :)
 
From a Mop to a Reasonable Frop: Hair Tutorial
 
1. Start out with these products. Plus a hair tie, 2 bobby pins, and a headband. (bobby pins and headband optional.)
 
 
2. Next Blow dry your mop (upside down), to add extra volume and to dry any moisture left in hair (shower or sweat).
 

1. Before (top left) 2. During Upside down (top right)
3. After (bottom left) 4. Lion's mane (bottom right)
 
3. Next comes the "fun" part. Teasing your hair. Grab pretty much all the hair on top of your head and tease it in sections. Hair spray the shizznit out of your teased roots. Leave a thin layer of hair at the very front UNteased to allow for a prettier look :)
 
1. Grabbing large section of hair. (and creepily peering at camera.)
2. Finished product with the unteased section in front.
 
4. Pull the top section of your hair back first being sure to smooth out any CRAZY runaways. I pinned this with bobby pins TEMPORARILY until I could get all the rest of my hair up.
 

 
Large Bump :)
 
5. Pull your hair into a high and tight pony being sure to remove bobby pins right before tightening. Add headband (optional) and pin head band behind the ears to prevent slipping. Twist your little "wings" if you have them.
 
 
By "wings" I mean the crazy-as-watermelon-fudge hair twirling by my ears. :)
 
There you have it! Super FAST and super simple. I will continue to discover as many ways possible to do my hair and of course show you guys!
 
***

 
THIS weekend I WILL finish the tabs on my page and ALSO add a Hair tutorial section so you guys can just scoot over there nice and easy. :)
 
Today I am changing it so ANYONE can post a comment on my page, without having a gmail account. If rude things are said or everyone posts as anonymous I will remove this feature. Period.
 
I hope this encourages everyone to post comments and leave me love. Ask questions! Make a request! I'll be more than happy to respond. :)
 
Happy Hump Day!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I have been quietly reading your blog since you started it. You look great and you're doing a great job. With Skyler, Jack and Jason, I'm lucky if I get half an hour to myself before I feel exhausted at night. So, I am having a difficult time working out. I don't want to lose weight, I just want to tone but I also want my family to start changing our lifestyle as well. It's just so hard to buy healthy with the prices of everything :( But anyway, keep up the posts. I enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! First off thank you! :) And I understand what it's like to feel like there aren't enough hours in the day, it's tough being a mom! If you want to tone, it's still about healthy/lowfat diet and exercise. I've semi-forced my hubby into eating better but a lifelong change HAS to be gradual. It'll come with time! :) Thank you for commenting! Made my day!

    ReplyDelete