Tuesday, April 16, 2013

How to Nurse a Hangover - Healthy WAY!

I am such a bad "blogger?" !!! I have not posted anything decent for y'all since Friday! Tsk. Tsk. But I'm back. Tired, but back. :)

The reason I was absent from my duties, is because my little bitty tiny monkey baby was sick. :( I'm not talking cough-due-to-a-cold. I'm talking about tossing her cookies, 101 degree fever, sick. Even though I hated seeing her so down in the dumps and not herself, I really enjoyed the intense cuddle sessions we were able to have. Cuddling. I like that shit. :)

Now she's semi back to normal. Still a little iffy on the tummy but we can go outside FINALLY!!! :)

Other than a sick monkey to take care of the hubs and I had a fabulous weekend! Friday was drinking, dancing, and a jolly good time!!!

 
All I have to say is... them legs. :) I <3 running!!!

 
My dress I got at Goodwill but it's Xhiliration Brand. Bag and shoes from TJ Maxx. Faux pearls from one of the many Thrift Shops I frequent.
 
After Brant and I's night gallivanting through Perdido, I of course had to nurse a nasty hangover... Grrrrrrr. And since I'm such a good little health freak I did the proper way!
 
 
Eggs, Eggs, and more Eggs!


 
Since I like it hot, I added the following: pepper jack cheese, pico de galo, jalapenos, AND a splash of Frank's Hot Sauce. I know I'm disgusting...
 
In another life I think I was a 400lb trucker with nothing to do but burn my insides and sweat like a pig while doing it... But onward with healthy ways to nurse a hangover.
 
 
You guessed it! WATER!!! Chances are after drinking all night, you're dehydrated. So, I guzzled a couple of these bad boys and took some Tylenol. :) And was golden for the beach! :)
 
Healthy living doesn't stop because you had one cheat night!!!
 
This girl packed a cooler for everyone FULL of healthy snack choices! :) WATER and these goodies...
 
Cantaloupe, Mango (my fav), strawberries, bananas, apples, Oat n Honey Granola bars and Nutrigrain bars. :)
 
I'm not saying my husband agreed with my snack choices. He opted for a 6-pack instead. :) Mickey girl and I enjoyed the goodies though! :)
 
 
Today I was finally able to RUN again! WOOT! WOOT!
 
I have been neglecting the pavement outside our house for FAR to long. I used to run 3 miles at the gym, then come home and run three more with Michaela and Franky Fart (our dog) in the stroller.
 
It takes a lot of effort to make excuses of why not to do something, but it's SO easy to just do it!  
 
 
It's easy to see where she gets her crazy hair from. :)
 
So this chick strapped on her running shoes (after downloading some kick ass new songs) and took to the street. And let me tell ya... It FELT FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!  I knocked out 4.42 Miles and could have probably kept going except it got dark out and I'm always afraid I'll get raped (true story).
 
 
That's what I like to call a smooth transition. I'm LAME.
 
 
Tomorrow, If you all are interested? I will post my playlists that I jam out to while I pound some angry pavement. :) Tell me if you are! Leave me some love, ask questions, kick butt. :) Ya know everyday kinda stuff! :)
 
 
Keep your head in the clouds and your feet on the ground,
 
Maggie Mae
 
 
#PrayforBoston 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment