Thursday, May 9, 2013

Staying Motivated

I haven't posted in days it feels like! I'm sorry for all the time we've spent apart! :) But Mickey girl was teething and yesterday my schedule was a little like this.... kfjdslakfkdsbvjwianfjk;safkl;dsafkl;dsaf. With a still whinny baby thrown in the mix.

But I'm back! :)

And have no clue what to write about. Confession: Most days I just wing it :)

Yesterday, though, I did my first EVER Step class. It was TONS of fun! Lots of energy and movement. And although I nearly killed myself a couple times tripping on the step, I have decided to make it my "Wednesday Class."
 
Try something new! It makes life a little more interesting! :)

 
Cutting new notches in my belt. :) Real progress!
 
I also met some new people at the gym which was FAB! I miss girl talk! With being a stay-at-home mom you get all of 10 seconds a day of decent conversation with the little one, which consists of me asking questions and Short Stack saying "yes."

Anyways, after telling a little bit of My Story, I was asked "Do you miss it?" in regards to donuts, ice cream, and junk. And without a second to think I said "No. Not at all." I surprised myself, but it's the truth.

I eat healthy now. I threw out the donuts, pop, and other junk and replaced it all with water, carrot sticks, and tons of hummus. And I feel good! Food is fuel not your friend :)

Was it hard?
Yes.

Did I want to give up?
Not for one second.

On December 30th my thoughts, feelings, emotions all aligned. Something just "clicked" and I knew if I wanted to be happy, healthy, and hot. I would have to do it myself.

Lucky for me, I was raised with a NO QUITTING attitude. Lucky for me, I kept it. Even now I wonder how far I'll take my body before I feel complete, done. And I'm fearful of ever feeling finished.

That's the feeling that keeps me MOTIVATED. When it comes to your body, I don't think you can EVER be done. That makes me fearful too. Why? Because I'm a finisher. When I conquer something, I feel I'm done with it. That leaves me with many fleeting passions.

My body isn't a fleeting passion though, nor should yours be. We will all hit obstacles in our life. I may break a bone sometime (knock on wood), get ill, start a new job, or any other terrible thing that could happen. My body will slow down, become weak over time as I age, so I'll always have a challenge to face. All I have to say to that is "BRING IT ON!"

Staying motivated is a different battle for every single person.

My daughter.
My self-respect, worth, and esteem.
My future.
My life in the later years.
My past fatness.
My current state.
My progress.
My challenges.
My emotions.
My heart.
My health.
My inner and outer strength.
My life.

Everything is a motivator for me. It comes from inner strength that I have built while "pumping iron" and "pounding pavement."

Is a healthy lifestyle hard?
everyday.

Will you want to give up?
sometimes.

Is it worth it?
Money can't buy happiness.

Will you get there?
I believe in you. I know you can get there.

I'm here for you. Whoever YOU are and whatever you need help with. Motivation, a pick me up, a brow beating. I can only do my best!

Keep motivated. Be strong. Always have hope. And beYOUtiful.

Maggie
xoxoxo

Showing off some Baby Chaela love :)





Check out my fav blog : Mama Laughlin

Check out my other super fav: Skinny Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment