Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Pre, During, & Post Workout

I know I have written about this before, but my eating habits change as often as my workouts. So here's a sneak peek into my the eating habits that have helped me get to where I am now!

Pre- Workout:

Breakfast

 
Toasted Bagel Thin w/ peanut butter and half a banana.

 
Complete breakfast. w/ Pro Sculpt energy drink.
 
 
I bought this at GNC. You can order it HERE! The guy in the store was EXTREMELY helpful! All I did was walk in, tell him what I kind of wanted, and he showed me the products and knew EVERYTHING about them. :)  I was looking for an healthier alternative to coffee and I definitely got it!

Pros: Wakes you up, energy lasts through entire workout, says it helps to create muscle definition and makes you burn a lot more calories.

                 After I started drinking this my body sweat A LOT more. My shirt is soaked after a hard cardio session. I just increased my water intake during workouts to make sure I didn't even come close to dehydrating.

Cons: Taste is NOT appealing.

              I got the Blue Raspberry Flavor. They also have a Fruit Punch that I will be trying next time. I increased the amount of water it calls for and added ice to dilute the flavor more. Definitely more bearable.

I eat about 30 minutes after I get up and drink the Pro-Sculpt on the way to the gym and finish it at the start of my workout.

During:

This is when water is SUPER important. It's one of the KEY ELEMENTS to a good, effective workout. (The other elements are breathing and form, but that's another post all in itself!)

I usually drink around 32 ounces of water during my workout. More if I really go hard on he cardio. I often make sure my bottle is completely full before heading to spinning class, the treadmill, the stair stepper, or the elliptical. All the cardio machines.

When I do my weightlifting there is often times when cardio segments get worked in so I stay hydrated always. I try NOT to get thirsty. That way my body doesn't waste time and energy on reminding me to drink more!

Since my exercises has increased in intensity, I've started getting hungry about 10-15 minutes before I'm finished. This means I'll have to find something to help out with that. Like GU. What long distance runners use. :)

Post:

Protein. Protein. Protein!

The first thing I do, after getting Michaela down for her nap, is make a protein shake. I used to just use Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk and some protein powder, but I got bored with that AND realized I NEEDED more calories after a long workout. Now I make fruit protein shakes.

Just recently I found nice little smoothie packets at WalMart. I throw half a packet in, a scoop of Vanilla Whey Protein (26g), about 1/4 cup of my almond milk, and a 1/4 cup of Calcium enriched Orange Juice. Can you say YUMMMMM!!! :)

 
This smoothie is my Purple People Eater. It's all blackberries and blueberries and guaranteed to turn anything it touches purple. Including Children! ;)
 
 
She's awesome :) and Purple.


I have only tried 2 different ones so far but I definitely recommend the Jamba Strawberries Wild ($1.98 for 2 smoothies). It's DELISH! and cheap!

I drink that while eating my lunch. Which now consists of; Natures Own Whole Wheat sandwich Thins, Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (as the spread), and any kind of turkey or chicken we have at the time. Also, I have been bad and having a half serving of corn tortilla chips and more hummus. :) The entire meal excluding the shake is under 400 calories and I'm full until snack time.

I eat every 3-5 hours. EXCEPT after dinner. I brush my teeth and chug ice water like it's no body's business!

***
 
As everyone most likely saw on Facebook, this last weekend I was fortunate enough to go shopping!!! Like in the mall. Brand spanking new stuff! I do not do this very often. One, because I HATE retail markups, and Two, because I'd rather spend money on food. True STORY!
 
But Brant, his mom, the monkey, and I all went to the mall and got what we WANTED, not needed. It was wonderful. And won't happen again for awhile, because again, we hate markups and love really good food.
 
This is my loot:
 
 
I spent most of the time at the Mall in Victoria Secret. I absolutely love it there. It's a girls paradise. :)
 
I got fitted. And of course my size changed, since I've lost weight. Before I was a 38C, now I'm a 36D. I don't know how that works but the 38C was too big and the 36D fits PERFECTLY.
 
The ladies there were very attentive and thorough. They made sure it fit correctly, was comfortable, and looked great! They also explained how to properly care for your bra.
 
I also bought my swim suit there. I felt like a mermaid in it. I definitely think it's the color. Not that I'm insane. :)
 
The total for the Dream Angels Push-Up and the suit was around $145. My last VS bra lasted 2 years at least and is still comfortable and usable. The elastic is just a little worn. :)
 
Then I headed into Cotton On. It's an ALL cotton store. I wasn't too impressed with the store, since they didn't have bright summer colors, but I got those 2 pair of sunglasses for $10 total! :) Score!
 
Obviously my favorite colors are aqua blue and white.
 
 
Well that's all for now folks! See ya tomorrow! :)
 
 
Maggie
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment