Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Eb & Flow

Life is constantly changing. Always up and down, up and down. Therefore, life is sometimes scary, hectic, but awesome!

For the last couple weeks now, I've been rethinking my major.

For those of you who didn't know I am in college or what my major is, I attend online classes through DeVry University and am currently studying for my Bachelors in Electronic Engineering Technology with a specialization in Renewable Energy.

Renewable Energy. That is the only part, I recently discovered, that I like about my degree.

I started college when I was in a bad place. Emotionally. Physically. Mentally. I didn't understand that then, but I just wanted SOMETHING to do besides wipe baby butt and clean. I also didn't understand what I was going to be doing. At all. I know AWFUL idea Maggie!

Yesterday I officially decided to change my major. To put my education in a direction I will LOVE. Not just choose because I like the idea of something. :)

Of course, I still am undecided about what degree I want exactly, but I have an "idea". I know I want it to be in business, with people, with everyday challenges, and sometimes a little bit of chaos.

Sometimes I think I want to be in retail, as a store manager. Or selling products. Or promoting products. Work in an office where I have to think hard, stay busy, and run all over town doing errands. Open my own business. Maybe even, as crazy as it sounds, do some women's bodybuilding shows and promote products.

I want to use my ability to write, think for myself, and help inspire people.

I couldn't have made it to this point without health, fitness, and the mental and physical obstacles I've had to overcome to get to where I'm at. It's amazing what can happen when you FINALLY decide to do something! For me it was going for a run. :)

The girl I left behind to become the woman I am today.

This whole process has been a terrifying one. Realizing that you've moved on from who you once were and become completely different. Changed your ideas, thoughts, and dreams in what seems to be a blink of an eye.

It's worth it though. The worry. The restlessness. The upset. Because when you finally decide to change, you can feel it.

The weight lifts off your shoulders. Your heart is less heavy. Your thoughts are clear. And you can finally breathe again.

I achieved my epiphany while running. Listening to Halestroms, I Miss the Misery, and grunting to make my legs move faster. Beautiful picture painted!

When you make a change in your life that lifts your worry, clears your head, and betters you as a whole, you'll feel it. Really feel it.

And you'll know, "This is what I want to do. This is who I'm going to become."

Don't be afraid of change. Embrace it. Adapt. And conquer it.
 
Short and sweet. Life still is in an upheaval. I love you all and all the support you've given me. :)
 
Till Tomorrow,
 
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment