Friday, June 7, 2013

Back In Action

Today I finally feel... RELAXED.

The last couple weeks have been stressful, chaotic, and frustrating. But I think I can say I'm back to neutral. :)

I took a break from blogging, because every time I'd think about it I'd get frustrated and draw a blank on what to write. So, instead of being a bitter old coot I decided to let you guys only see the POSITIVES in my life.

I hate bringing others down, crushing any one's high on life.

You're welcome. ;)

With more calm, comes happiness!

This last week, June 3rd to be exact, I got my BMI and Body Fat % retested.

I was displeased, but glad that it changed. Progress is progress no matter how small!

Weight: 161 lbs. - down 4lbs

BMI: 26.4 - down 1 point

Body Fat: 26.3% - down 0.7%

I knew my eating habits were to blame. Period. The end.

In result, I got angry with myself and decided to put the fork down and get back to CLEAN eating.

I don't focus on calories. I focus now on the MAKE-UP of food. The Macros. Fats. Carbs. and Lean Protein. I want VERY little fats in my food, except the healthy fats like bananas and avocados. I don't eat bread with dinner, but rather rice or no carbs at all. Just meats and veggies and fruit!

I haven't starved myself and still find it EXTREMELY hard not to overeat...

Since Monday, five days of clean eating, no alcohol, no cheats, I am down to 158. 3lbs. Holy moly.

Now granted I'm not an expert. And this may not work for everyone, but this is working for ME. If at any point I feel bored or tired of this type of eating, I will change it. I am proud of myself for not having ice cream or a scoop of peanut butter and THAT IS WHY I DO IT.

To feel good about ME.

To feel spectacular in my own skin.

It's important. :)

My exercise has been relatively the same. But instead of cranking out a couple miles a day, I've slowed it down and started doing more HIIT (high intensity interval training) and walking uphill for 25 mins. Always wanting those #bunsofsteel. HA!



If you're not already, FOLLOW me on instagram. @margaretmurphy I post easy recipes, transformation pictures, workouts, and adorable pics of my offspring. Definitely a must have when I'm not posting on here! :)

Have a fun filled weekend!
 
Love Always,
 
Mama Murphy

1 comment:

  1. Just came across the post and I love everything about it! Small progress is better than none and go you for five clean days!!!

    ReplyDelete